Thursday, October 22, 2009

October 9, 2009 En route to the 18th Biennial Biology of Marine Mammals conference in Quebec City

On October 9th I left Victoria, BC and flew to Quebec City, Quebec for the 18th Biennial conference on the biology of Marine Mammals. It was a gorgeous flight and I got some nice shots of the geography of Canadian geography as I flew from a bit of an ad for Westjet!


Flying over the islands around Vancouver Island



Gorgeous sunrise colours


A cloud front




Above 2 photos: flying Over the Coast mountains





Above 2 photos: Interior BC geography


And now for the Rockies...











Above 4 photos: more of the Rocky Mountains running along the BC and Alberta border





Above 2 photos: somewhere east of BC and Alberta! Just kidding...think this was Manitoba with all its lakes


River winding through a city...but I'm not sure which!


I think this was an area over Ontario


Another plane I saw pass above and behind ours...felt a little close for comfort! (But what do I know about air traffic control)

No comments:

Post a Comment