Tuesday, August 4, 2009

JULY 31, 2009 Day 8 CCGS Tully cruise: Homeward bound!

Today was a sad day for those of us who were going home. We pulled into Port Hardy around 0630, finished packing, had breakfast and then were taken to shore by the FRC. I realized that I usually take many photos of wildlife and sunsets but none of the people and where I live during these adventures so I snapped a few more photos before getting off the ship. As well, one of our crew, Bruce, took a group photo of most of us before we all dispersed.

Thank you to all those who were more experienced with life on the Tully...and to the coast guard crew who safely took us to and around the marine animals we saw on this cruise. It was a great week and I'll never forget my first Tully cruise!


The hall leading to our cabins



The officers lounge...where we would relax reading books and watching movies


Most of the scientific crew who were on the Tully for the past week


Jared posing in his great shirt!


and...the shirt




Above 2 photos: stopping in Sayward on the way home


The dock shop in Sayward...a perfect backpack for marine mammal enthusiasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment