Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29, 2013: Angola Oil Rigs

365 Project, Day 9
Here is my day nine submission to my 365Project:


Another busy day of meetings for the start of this job so not much time to do photos. I did snap some photos as we headed offshore from our anchorage just off Cabinda, Angola. There are so many rigs offshore here; much different than off East Africa where I've mostly been working the last couple of years. I took another photo showing about 20 installations in one photo! I also had my first marine mammal sighting of a distant probable humpback whale...I could just see it's blow on the horizon. This means there will probably be many more to photograph in the near future :) 

I wasn't overly impressed with my original shot so used the opportunity to play with some editing...and got this 60s style worn out look in the end:







No comments:

Post a Comment