Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25, 2013: Waning Moon

365 Project, Day 35
Here is my day thirty-five submission to my 365Project:


I have been spoiled with all the whale observations I've had lately but today it was actually pretty quiet during my watches (only one distant whale sighting). I was hoping to get a good photo of the full moon the other day but, due to overcast skies here, I missed it. I was able to catch the moon on the other side of full this morning though. 

Oh and if you look at this photo compared to my Waxing Moon photo (July 19) it is interesting to see how the orientation of the moon is different...the man is upside down!





Interesting/Fun fact about the Moon:

It takes the same amount of time for the Moon to complete a full orbit around the Earth as it takes for it to complete one rotation on its axis. This is why we always see the same side of the Moon!

To learn more about the Moon check out NASA's Solar System Exploration webpage about the Moon. 










No comments:

Post a Comment