Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 11, 2013: Offshore Night Lights

365 Project, Day 51
Here is my day fifty-one submission to my 365Project:

I have been trying to get a decent photo of the lights, at night, of these offshore installations. It's difficult being on a ship because there's too much movement to do a long exposure. So, I've been playing with burst mode (with the hopes of getting many shots of which one might be sharp) and, so far, I think this is the best I have got. I am still going to keep experimenting though...and hopefully get something even better before I leave in just over a week!





Fun fact of the day:

About 150 billion cubic metres of natural gas are flared in oil production every year - more than a quarter of this amount in offshore production. 

Read more about work being done to turn this gas into a useful energy resource here in this document by CompactGTL.





No comments:

Post a Comment