Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7, 2013: Red

365 Project, Day 47
Here is my day fourty-seven submission to my 365Project:


It was after sunset and nearing the end of my watch when I noticed the navigation lights were on. I thought the reflection of the red light on the radar dome looked interesting so took some photos to see how they turned out...and it resulted in what I thought was a cool abstract photo. 



Fun fact of the day:
Prior to 1848 there were no rules for navigation lights but with the introduction of steam ships the numbers of collisions accelerated. From 1848-49 there were 3064 collisions involving British ships...nine steamships and 270 sailing vessels were lost!

Read more about navigation light history at this Royal Museums Greenwich webpage.

Here's another photo and did some experimenting with post-processing :)






No comments:

Post a Comment