Sunday, August 4, 2013

August 4, 2013: My Cozy Cabin

365 Project, Day 45
Here is my day fourty-five submission to my 365Project:


My cabin is quite small and cozy on this vessel as you can see from this photo. I could just barely get my bed in the shot. Although it's quite small I'm happy I'm in it by myself because this cabin is actually a two person cabin! It's just right for me on this job but it would be a long trip if I was sharing with somebody.





Fun fact of the day:

The names of the jobs of men responsible for working a ship (boatswain, coxswain - even seamen) are of Ango-Saxon origin whilst those of officers (Captain, Lieutenant, Admiral) are of Norman-French origin. This is an indication of a class distinction between roles on board.

Read more about life at sea on the Royal Museums Greenwich website here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment