Friday, November 15, 2013

November 15, 2013: Chain Link

365 Project, Day 115
Here is my day 115 submission to my 365Project:

My second day on this rotation offshore and no sightings yet :( Just to give you a sense of why this is signficant...on my last rotation out here we usually had at least one sighting per watch! 

So, it looks like I'll have to be a little more creative with my photos this trip. Today I snapped a couple of shots of the chain link fence around the helideck and then did a bit of editing in Picasa...and got these shots which I kind of liked.




Fun fact of the day:
Chain-link fencing is made via a process called 'weaving'. When the wires are 'weaved' together vertical wires are beng into a zig-zag pattern  forming the characteristic diamond pattern seen in this type of fence.  

Read more about chain-link fences at this Wikipedia webpage and see a video of a weaving machine on this Youtube webpage





No comments:

Post a Comment