Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 14, 2014: Early Morning Full Moon

365 Project, Day 186
Here is my day 186 submission to my 365Project:

Working in the Northern Hemisphere means that, as we approach the summer solstice, the nights are getting shorter and the days longer. For this job I am working midnight to noon; I am conducting passive acoustic monitoring (PAM) watches from midnight until sunrise which is currently 4 am! It is actually a nice balance working 4 hours on PAM (so getting our reporting done while monitoring and listening on the hydrophone but not too much computer work!) and then conducting 8 hours of visual watch.

Tonight was the full moon and when I came to the bridge to start my watch the moon was amazing, so bright and full! It had been a while since I photographed the moon but, after a bit of experimentation, I managed to recall the settings and take a photo of the full moon before the moon disappeared :)  




And some more photos of the always present Northern Gannets (Morus bassanus) and a Lesser Black Backed Gull (Larus fuscus):


Northern Gannet (Morus bassanus)

Northern Gannet (Morus bassanus)

Lesser Black Backed Gull (Larus fuscus)

No comments:

Post a Comment