Friday, December 13, 2013

December 13, 2013: Shelf Cloud

365 Project, Day 137
Here is my day 137 submission to my 365Project:

I'm catching up on posting photos (I'm writing this in early February...amazing how fast time goes when life happens :). My photo today is of an offshore cloud formation which I believe is called a shelf cloud, so here's a cloud quote:

"The sky, a perfect empty canvas, offers clouds nonetheless. They shift and drift and beg interpretation...such is the nature of art."

~Jeb Dickerson



Offshore cloud formations...this appears to be a shelf cloud formation

Fun fact of the day:
Shelf clouds are low, horizontal wedge shaped clouds. 

Read more about Shelf Clouds at Accuweather.com

...and the Jasper Explorer with a supply/guard vessel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment