Friday, December 27, 2013

December 27, 2013: Angola Flag

365 Project, Day 146
Here is my day 146 submission to my 365Project:

After being away from home nearly 7 weeks I will be on my back to Canada tomorrow! We arrived at anchor early this morning and disembarked the vessel later this afternoon to spend the night in Camp Cabinda before flying out tomorrow. 

While we were at anchor I snapped some photos around the vessel and I thought it was fitting that I got this shot of the Angolan flag our ship was flying as a 'courtesy flag'. 




Fact of the day:
Angola adopted its national flag on November 11, 1975 after it gained independence from Portugal. The red colour in the flag represents the blood shed by Angolans during the national liberation struggle and the defense of the country. The black stands for the continent of Africa while the yellow stands for the mineral wealth of Angola.

Here's our chief officer busily checking on things while the anchor was being set and some other photos while at anchor and in Camp Malongo on shore. 



One of the officers, Norman, doing some fishing on his time off at anchor

On the transfer boat to shore...yipee!

Our first drink in 7 weeks for me and 10 weeks for Aga!



No comments:

Post a Comment