Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013: Radar Effects

365 Project, Day 129
Here is my day 129 submission to my 365Project:

Not much to photograph today except for a sooty shearwater (Puffinus griseus) which flew past on my morning watch. For something to do I thought that, by playing with the shutter speed, I might get a cool shot of the radar spinning . Then,when I imported it into Picasa 3 and played around with some of the effects... I liked the feel the Inverted Colours option gave to the image:  


Radar Effects

Fun fact of the day:
According to information on the BBC's History webpage on Radar...Radar was secretly developed by several nations before and during World War II. The term Radar, but not the technology itself, was coined in 1940 by the US Navy as an acronym for RAdio Detection And Ranging. The term has since entered English and other languages as the common noun radar. 

Some more photos from  today's playing with Picasa effects and that sooty shearwater :)


More Picasa 3 effects 

Sooty shearwater (Puffinus griseus)

Sooty shearwater (Puffinus griseus)

Sooty shearwater (Puffinus griseus)

Duo Tone radar

This evening's sunset...yet another lovely one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment