Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 8, 2013: Polarised Clouds

365 Project, Day 134
Here is my day 134 submission to my 365Project:

Hmmm...another quiet day. While on watch I looked up and saw some cool cloud formations. Since I don`t have a polarising filter for my small camera lens, I played with shooting through my polarised sunglasses to photograph the clouds. I don`t think the photos really show how cool the clouds looked but it was another lovely day at sea with sun and warmth and...another beautiful sunset :)


Polarised clouds...as seen through my polarised sunglasses

Fun fact of the day:
Polarised lenses reduce reflected glare from surfaces such as on the water. Light reflected from such surfaces, instead of being scattered in all directions in more usual ways, travels in a more horizontally oriented directions creating an annoying and sometimes dangerous intensity of light experienced as glare. 

So, I guess polarised sunglasses aren't really necessary for looking at clouds...although they did add a nice shade to the clouds!

Read more about polarised sunglasses at this AllAboutVision webpage

The clouds...as they were

Another day at sea...almost complete

No comments:

Post a Comment