Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013: A Walk In The Park

365 Project, Day 82
Here is my day eighty-two submission to my 365Project:

I often walk this trail running alongside Park Boulevard, Beacon Hill Park on my walks through and around the park. I just love these trees lining the path, especially when the sun is shining through them in the late afternoon. 



Fun fact of the day:
Beacon Hill Park was named for the two beacons on Mount Beacon (which is more like a hill!); the westernmost beacon had a blue triangle and the other beacon a green square. These beacons were placed there to indicate to sailors how to avoid Brotchie Ledge (a rocky reef!) and if a sailor could see the square through the triangle they were headed for (if not already on!) Brotchie Ledge.  

Some more photos from around Beacon Hill Park today:

I've been trying to figure out what species of plant this is...




One of many little bridges passing through the gardens over the ponds full of many fat and happy ducks


No comments:

Post a Comment