Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013: Floral Light

365 Project, Day 88
Here is my day eighty-eight submission to my 365Project:

This afternoon I wandered over to the Victoria Conference Centre and Empress Hotel and then along the harbour to see what photos I could snap. I ended up taking this photo in the conference centre as I liked the lighting reflecting off the plants in the atrium-like surroundings. 



Fun fact of the day:
The Empress Hotel was built for the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) and is one of a series of Chateau-style hotels built by the Canadian railway in the early 20th century to encourage tourists to travel their transcontinental routes. 

Read more about the Empress Hotel at HistoricPlaces.ca

I loved the light on these soft ferns


close-up of vines on the outside of the Empress Hotel

Close up of the weeping sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Pendulum') in front of the Empress Hotel





No comments:

Post a Comment