Friday, September 27, 2013

September 27, 2013: Reaching For Heaven

365 Project, Day 91
Here is my day ninety-one submission to my 365Project:

I've been in Montreal for a few days to visit my sister who is studying fine arts and writing at Concordia. She lives very close to Mont Royal Park and we went for a short walk there this afternoon. Here's a photo I took of the George-Étienne Cartier monument.

Fun fact of the day: 
Historians claim George-Étienne Cartier was responsible for persuading French Canada that they would stand a better chance of preserving their language, religion, institutions and culture if they joined in the creation of a unified Canada.

Read more about the 
George-Étienne Cartier monument on this public art in Montreal webpage.

Here is another photo I took of the monument:





No comments:

Post a Comment