Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 25, 2013: Feeding Hummingbird

365 Project, Day 90
Here is my day ninety submission to my 365Project:

I was delighted when I was walking through Beacon Hill Park in Victoria, BC and I heard and then spotted this Anna's hummingbird (Calypte anna) feeding near me...and I had enough time to get some shots of it in flight and feeding.



Fact of the day:
On rare occasions, bees and wasps may become impaled on the bill of an Anna's hummingbird, causing the bird to starve to death. 

Read more about Anna's Hummingbirds on AllAboutBirds.org


Here are some more shots from today's wanderings around Beacon Hill Park:


I love the colours of the peacock and the fall leaves!




More photos of that Anna's hummingbird! 





And of course...the Canada Geese :)



This mushroom was HUGE!




No comments:

Post a Comment